Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012

I have a lot that I want to do this year, but I'm making my main priority setting the stepping stones to what I want to do for the rest of my life. And one month into the year I am living up to it. Before school even started I booked my first co-op show, took the initiative to be the one intern to set up a table at Clubs Night and got a few people interested in volunteering and coming to the show, as well as one of my mom's music students asking if she could sing at a show & two RAs interested in doing a 50's diner event in February. I've got two bands from the city in mind for another show and I am going to apply for internships like crazy for the summer. And while this isn't relevant to what I want to do, I did get a part time job at a bakery to make some extra cash.


And most importantly.... I've decided that I am going to run for General Programming Coordinator next year which is a huge job, but if somehow I managed to get it I would have an A+++ position to put on my resume and plus it's paid! But most importantly I'D BE BOOKING SHOWS BIGGER THAN THE CO-OP. But I have decided that if I really want to do this I have to get to know the girl who has been GPC for the past two years and really get to know the ropes. Even if I don't end up getting it, I've been told by a former Co-op Events Coordinator that she helped out the GPC with her events.

This year is going to be a good one, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment